What to do with left-over roast chicken? Make chicken flautas! Check out my always perfect roasted chicken recipe that’s always 100% winner, winner chicken dinner! This is a quick to make anytime meal your family will surely enjoy!
Table of contents
Why We Love This Dish
- I love it because even after working a full day this is something I can make quickly
- Great recipe to use with left-over chicken
- Tastes just as good reheated
- Olive Oil
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Limes (1 halved, 1 cut into wedges)
- Radishes, thinly sliced
- Shredded chicken
- Fresh salsa
- Corn tortillas
Key Ingredients Notes
This recipe calls for corn tortillas however, you can substitute flour tortillas and it will be just as good.
How To Make This Dish
- Step 1: Make the avocado sauce in a blender
- Step 2: Prepare the radish salad
- Step 3: Wrap the chicken in the tortilla shells
- Step 4: Cook the Chicken Flautas
- When preparing the tortillas be sure to wrap them in paper towels and microwave until soft, about 30 seconds. And do not skip this step! I thought I'd save time by skipping it and instead the tortillas broke as I tried to wrap the chicken mixture in it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Just reheat in the toaster oven or standard oven or air fryer to keep the flautas crispy.
Of course. Cooking instructions are the same.
Wrap the tortillas in paper towels and microwave until soft, about 30 seconds. This method makes the tortilla soft and pliable.
🥘 Other Recipes To Try
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Hass avocado halved and pitted
- ½ c. sour cream
- 2 limes 1 halved, 1 cut into wedges
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 ½ c fresh salsa
- 16 corn tortillas
- 2 T. chopped fresh cilantro
- sea salt
- Scoop the avocado into a blender. Add the sour cream and the juice of ½ lime and pulse until smooth. Season with salt.
- Squeeze the remaining ½ lime over the radishes in a small bowl and sprinkle with ¼ t. salt. Toss the chicken with ¾ c. salsa in a medium bowl.
- Wrap the tortillas in paper towels and microwave until soft, about 30 seconds. Make sure to do this step, as I tried skipping it and the tortillas broke as I try to wrap the chicken mixture in it. Spoon the chicken mixture down the middle of the tortillas. Fold in the ends and roll up like a burrito; secure with toothpicks.
- Heat ¾ inch vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 375 degrees. Fry the flautas, turning as needed, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove with tongs; drain on paper towels and remove the toothpicks.
- Serve with the avocado cream, radishes, cilantro, lime wedges and the remaining ¾ c. salsa.
- You can substitute flour tortillas for the corn
- Cooking Tip: Wrap the corn tortillas in paper towels and microwave until soft, about 30 seconds. Make sure to do this step, as I tried skipping it and the tortillas broke as I try to wrap the chicken mixture in it.